25 Nov 2010

Who is Jack Black?





I first saw this classic looking black and red label on a lip balm my friend let me use while I was on a holiday in Italy.  Desperately needed something to calm my cracked lips which has been hovering since London.  Didn't really pay much attention to the label as it's not exactly eye catching, "Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm" and I stress the word "Intense".  I have to say though, this is the first lip balm I have used that does exactly does what it says, soothes and relieves dry, chapped, irritated lips.  No fuss, does the job, in fact the effect was almost instantaneous!  So, "Intense" is probably the right word for this lip balm, and needless to say when I got back to London and still mid winter, I desperately wanted it as my lips started feeling dry again.  


I had to look up the internet as I couldn't find it in the local chemist, and to my surprise, I discovered that the range of products Jack Black spans to more then just lip balm!  It actually has a full range of shaving products which they are known for, plus body and face products.  And this particular lip balm I used is actually one of their best sellers!  So from one lip balm, I also ended up with their full shaving works.  


Now lets talk about their shaving line, It starts with the face scrub they call the face buff energising scrub, which is a great pre-shave wash to clear your dead skin cells and give you that nice smooth environment to shave.  I noticed that there are some really good ingredients in this scrub such Vitamin C and licorice extract for their anti-aging benefits, micro-fine scrubbing grains to polish the skin and menthol for its cooling, antibacterial properties.  


Face Buff Energising Scrub






For the actual shaving cream, I bought the lube conditioning shave cream which is actually a half cream and half oil mixture.  I wanted to try this out as this is the first I have heard of a shave cream mixed with Macadamia and jojoba oil, and it ended up being in one of the smoothest shave I have ever had!  Though I don't have a full growth beard, what I do have is very thick and sharp facial hair which can cause havoc if I don't take precaution.  I usually use pre shave oil as it's the best for that glide action you want from a shave.  This product though does something extra, it gives you that razor glide feel but you don't feel very oily afterwards unlike conventional shaving oils. It also gives you that nice cooling feel which is just the best feeling in the world especially after a nice smooth shave.  




Beard Lube Conditioning Shave Cream


To finish off, I used the Post Shave Cooling Gel which frankly I could do without as I didn't actually nick myself with the blade.  However, this gel to me actually felt like a light weight moisturiser but with the added benefits of calming properties for people with sensitive and irritated skin.  So it was a bonus for me, I didn't need to reach out for my oil free moisturiser like I always do after a shave.




Post Shave Cooling Gel




I have used quite a lot of shaving products before, and I'm sure there are also other great products you can try out there in the market, but I have to say, Jack Black is one brand which does exactly what it says, no fuss, simple to use, a no frills brand made for men.  It smells very masculine and very reasonably priced compared to other products  It's basically a guy's guy product, for the simple minded but yet self aware male body.


"Nothing complicated. Nothing cosmetic. Just real solutions that provide immediate visible results".  This is Jack Black's motto and I have to say, these guys really practice what they preach!   Amen to that!


Industrial Strength Hand Healer




You can now buy the full range of Jack Black shaving products from SpaceM Store.  I heard the industrial  strength hand healer is good too, just the name says it all.  Oh yeah and don't forget the lip balm!


No comments:

Post a Comment